It’s that time of year… cf.Objective() is just around the corner! In conjunction with the attendance of Doug Hughes, Chris Peterson, Ezra Parker, and Randy Miller, we’re holding a contest! This year, Alagad is giving away three (3) rockin’ Wenger SwissGear backpacks. We know everyone can’t be there, so the contest is open to anyone, and the prize will be shipped. The winners will be announced on this blog, along with a link to their website, blog, or Twitter account of choice (unless it is X-rated or otherwise presents a conflict of interest.)
Anyone who knows Doug Hughes also knows he doesn’t suffer cheese when it comes to swag. These are beautiful, sturdy backpacks that can hold up to 17 in laptop goodness. I quite literally live out of mine. I once told Doug it was like providing his employees a corner office in a telecommuting world. I have a closet full of flimsy cast-aside bags that couldn’t take near the abuse. This one has served me for at least 1.5 years as an office and a carry-on. You wouldn’t know it by looking.
There is no laptop inside the backpack this time. Sorry! Stay tuned for next time. Never know!
Here are some of its notable features:
- Capable of holding a 17 Macbook Pro + a lot of equipment.
- More pockets than you can shake a stick at. (Don’t know why you’d want to?)
- Media Storage Pocket with earbud port.
- Nifty little pocket for a USB stick.
- Zippered main compartment.
- Zippered front pocket with full organization panel.
- Clip-on keychain.
- Additional zippered front pocket for quick-access items.
- Side water bottle pockets.
- Built in carabiner clip.
- Two side zippered pockets.
- Back panel featuring Wenger’s airflow moisture wicking mesh.
- Detachable cell phone pocket.
My backpack has survived continued and ferocious feline maraudery.
Person with the most points wins. If there is a tie, everyone tied for first is put into a pool and winner is randomly selected. Alagad reserves the right to award this prize to a runner-up if we determine the winner has used abusive tactics. We’re trying to promote awareness, not abuse!
Perform any of the following actions, then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org using your same email address for each action. Label the action in the subject line. Sorry, but this extra step and other limitations are to be sure we can consolidate your points and control abuse. We promise not to sell nor share your email address to third parties nor innundate you with spam.
Five Ways To Enter
1. Follow – Follow @alagadinc on Twitter. (1 point per account with 10 followers or more. Creating new accounts for the sole purpose of scoring disqualifies.)
2. Retweet – Retweet a link to this blog post. (1 point per original tweet or RT, i.e. tweet is from contestant’s account and contains @alagadinc with valid link to this blog post.)
3. Facebook – Fan Alagad’s Facebook page. (1 point per account you own with 10 followers or more. Creating new accounts for the sole purpose of scoring disqualifies.)
4. Comment – Leave a comment on this blog post. (1 point – only one counts.)
5. cf.objective() – Approach an Alagadian at the 2010 cf.Objective() conference, ask about TaskForce, and provide your contest email address written or printed on a business card. 2 points.)
Don’t forget to follow up each action with an e-mail to email@example.com, using your same email address each time.
All entries must be in by 11:59pm EST on April 27, 2010. Winners tallied on April 28 and announced on this blog, along with a link of their choosing. Winner will also be notified via the e-mail account used for the contest and will be asked for a shipping address at that time.
Here’s some of the mugs you’ll be looking for at cf.Objective() and GOOD LUCK! 🙂